Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day



I want to start by saying happy father's day to all the dads out there! I missed my dad especially this year, but was able to spend a relaxing day with my host dad. Dr. Sareen and I share a passion for any kind of sweets or pastries. I made sure to buy him a special father's day sweet buffet from the local bakery. I knew that it would be my responsibility to help him finish. We are the only two in this house not watching our figures. Needless to say we both slept very well last night after our sugar crash.



I spent an amazing weekend with my fellow interns in Agra. I was able to experience my first long distance train ride. It was a lot like sleeping on a plane except no one seems to sit in their correct seat which makes things interesting as passengers are boarding at 3 AM. After a 12 hour trip we finally made it to Agra where it seemed to be 120 degrees. It had many similarities to Udaipur, but the vendors were relentless. There were little boys trying to sell magnets and Taj Mahal snow globes every five feet that you walked. I caved and bought some miniature snow globes. I like to think that I am contributing to the local economy. The Taj was amazing. It's hard to describe the sheer size and detail that went into the construction of this magnificent wonder of the world. I hope that I am able to visit the six other wonders of the world. I'm really happy that I took this opportunity to see the Taj because I'm not sure how many other chances I will have to visit. Our group only spent a day in Agra before boarding a train home. A day is all that we needed to see everything and being in the heat all day drained my energy. I'm heading to Karawara today and hope to work with Lokesh on Alfa's annual activity budget. I hope all is well back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment